In a little over a year I will be hitting the big 50. And it seems the time has flown by, especially the last decade and half after becoming a mom. Life, as it is for everyone, has been a continuous learning experience with it's highs and lows. So I thought I would share some of the 'lessons' I've learned from those experiences. I hope some of them will resonate with you. #life #lesson #new #century
1. Peoples' opinions of my life are not important.
2. Not choosing, is a choice. And I am a product of my choices.
3. Things do not make me happy.
4. There is no such thing as a comfortable bra!
5. Risk and failure are part of growing.
6. Travel broadens and educates you.
7. Relationships change.
8. Sometimes I have to put Me first.
9. Credit card debt devours the soul.
10. Thoughts are just that, thoughts, they aren't reality unless you make them be.
11. Nature is a wonderful healer.
12. The cheapest and most expensive models are usually both bad deals.
13. I can trust my intuition.
14. People cannot offer comfort or help if you do not share your story.
15. Your world can be as big or as small as you make it.
16. Stoicism is my coping method.
17. Hindsight is twenty, twenty.
18. The little things matter. These moments, the right nows, are what our life is made up of.
19. Nothing, except death, is permanent.
20. Physical touch is healing. Hugs do help!
21. I am stronger mentally and emotionally, than I believed.
22. The world can be both amazingly wonderful and terribly evil and making your way in it is hard.
23. Even when I suck at my part, a true friend will stick it out.
24. Being thankful and grateful in my heart, quiets the stresses of the mind. Like the saying 'The key to happiness isn't having what you want, but wanting what you have.'
25. Simple is best!
26. Being a mom is the best thing in the world.
27. Words are powerful but actions speak louder.
28. You should try anything and everything that interest you, at least once!
29. Don't be afraid to look foolish. Laugh at yourself.
30. I don't have all the answers.
31. When driving do not pick up whatever you dropped on the car floor.
32. I am sometimes wrong or make bad decisions and that's okay. I can admit it, forgive it and move on.
33. Blood ties has nothing to do with determining who is your family.
34. Everything changes, and never at a pace you'd like.
35. Confidence is attractive. Arrogance is not.
36. It doesn't matter if your household items or furniture co ordinate. Comfort and practicality are more important than looks.
37. The cook time on the pasta box is never long enough. Unless you like hard pasta!
38. You can't get time back.
39. Chocolate is not as good as sex. Chocolate is wonderful. Sex is wonderful. But they are not comparable!
40. An occasional indulgence is good for the psyche.
41. You cannot control other peoples' actions, only your own.
42. Sunscreen is a must!
43. Comparison is the thief of joy.
44. Anyone worth being around doesn't care about what you drive, your job title or how much money you make.
45. Experiences are better than gifts.
46. Never underestimate the wisdom of those older than you.
47. Love is love.
48. Even a tiny step in the right direction is better than standing still.
49. I am the only person who gets to decide if I am happy or not— it is not contingent on others acceptance of me or their feelings for me.
50. I don't need to apologize for being sensitive or emotional.
51. Age is just a number.
52. Love can't fix everything but it is the most important thing.
53. The past is best left there.
54. Somethings can't be fixed.
55. The older I get, the less I know. (This is wisdom.)
56. Singing loudly, no matter how off key, always makes me feel better.
57. I am awful at accepting a compliment.
58. Cough syrup is a lie!
59. Making my bed, makes me feel more composed. ( no idea why!)
60. Leave expectations at the door. Nothing ever happens exactly like you've pictured it.
61. I will never be okay with my muffin-top.
62. Words cannot be unsaid or unheard.
63. Taste buds do change.
64. Road trips are fun.
65. Weird is wonderful.
66. Writing is my passion and I do not do enough of it.